Lipsticks image

Lipsticks image

Sunday 15 April 2012

Blitz Party

When I agreed to go to a 1940s themed party, it was said half hearted.  April is ages away, I thought.  I have plenty of time to figure out an outfit.  If all fails, I can always turn up as a time traveller from today gone to experince life during the Second World War.

But with one week to go I started to panic.  Finding clothes from the 1940s is fine.  But how do you find clothes that are befitting to this theme that you can wear again?

Six hours before the party I started my search.  I was anticipating a morning of frantic shopping filled with panic attacks, as well as the occasional anger issue with other equally frantic London shoppers.  However, my first attempt turned out to be the winner. 


It was lucky that my first stop was Topshop, Oxford Street.  It had some amazing clothes, but one look at this white polka dot dress and I knew I was on to something.  Perfect for the Summer, this dress isn't a one trick pony.


Dress: Topshop
Jacket: Topshop
Necklace: Topshop
Shoes: Kurt Geiger
Lipstick: Frenched by Benefit

2 comments:

  1. Amaze! I love it! I recently dressed up in 1940s too! It's so much fun :) I loved the red lipstick part the most. That dress is really cute.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had an amazing time at the party and I'd definitely like to go again. Dressing up is great. We never grow out of it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...