Lipsticks image

Lipsticks image

Saturday 29 October 2011

Spellbinding Violet

My mum has always told me that there's a time and a place for a bold lipstick.  A bit like strong opinions, you often need to hold back and only share with the right audience.

But I've never listened to this because to me a lipstick isn't just another stick for the make-up bag.  It's the ultimate fashion accessory, and the right colour can often have more impact on the outfit than the jewellery you choose to wear.  So why shy away from bold colours because you don't know if you'll ever have the right occasion?  Just go for it, and make any occasion the perfect time.

Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte Perle - Spellbinding Violet
I don't think the above lipstick would be every one's first choice, but to me it definitely was.  When you have as many lipsticks as I do, it's often difficult to find a shade you don't already own.  But in the instance of this YSL lipstick, it wasn't because I didn't have this colour gracing my lipstick draw (yes, that's right! A whole draw!)- it was pure as simply because I fell in love with it.


And you can't help who you fall for (as I've always been told).  Pouting aside, you can see that once worn, this lipstick isn't as scary as your first assumption.  It's soft texture counteracts the deep colour, and all you're left with are statement lips perfect for a night out in Autumn.


Dress: Miss Selfridge
Cardigan: Topshop
Bag: Blanco
Shoes: Stolen from my mother
Ring: StylistPick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...