Lipsticks image

Lipsticks image

Monday 7 November 2011

Lipsticks, Nails and Patterned Tights

Not everything that glitters is gold, and you know what, not everything that glitters needs to be gold either.  Whilst shopping in Bentalls, Kingston last Saturday, I was mesmerised by the Gossip Girl Nails Inc Collection, and I immediately had to get my hands (or fingernails to be more precise) on The Blair Collection.


I'm a big Gossip Girl fan, and Blair is by far my favourite, so the choice was never about the colour, but about the character.  And having applied it, I couldn't have chosen better.


The base coat of a dark, forest green (Blair nail colour) is only accentuated by the clear, shimmering glitters of the top coat (Privileged nail colour).  Yes, my nail are a little chipped - this was taken after a long day at work.

And on to the tights...


Pattered tights are a big thing at the moment, so I thought I'd try a pair out.  I found these in H&M and immediately thought they were perfect ... in a paved driveway sort of way.  Not my favourites, but please let me know what you think.

Pink High-waisted skirt: River Island
Black top: Uniqlo
Tights: H&M
Shoes: stolen from my mother
Bag: StylistPick

I also treated myself to a lipstick on Saturday.  This is a very special lipstick, because (and now you'll work out how much of a sad geek I really am), it's my 50th Mac Lipstick.  For those of you who don't know, I have a lipstick database to keep track of them all. 

Whirls & Twirls by Mac
A glossy, neutral colour with added sparkle, it's the perfect lipstick for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...