Lipsticks image

Lipsticks image

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Wedding Day Blues

On June 2nd 2012, it was the day of one of my best friend's wedding.  To say I was emotional would be a grand understatement, because as I sat there watching the ceremony, and saw her stunning lacy, 50s style dress as she walked down the isle, all I cold think was, 'Wow! How did we grow up so fast?  Surely it was only yesterday that we were a couple of punk rocker school girls listening to Blink 182, wearing chains on our jeans and dying our hair black.  And here we are - 10 years later and the story has changed so drastically.

When I got the invitation, I knew my dress had to be simple but colourful.  So I decided to go for this Karen Millen number


This dress caught my attention with its multitude of blue tones.  Floaty and summery, for me, it made the perfect dress for a wedding.

Dress: Karen Millen
ClutchFiorelli
Shall: Osprey
Shoes: Karen Millen
Necklace: Topshop

I completely forgot to pack a lipstick, so had to rush to Sainbury's before heading to the wedding to purchase something.


I got this stunning pink shade in Pink Blush from Rimmel.  The colour is gorgeous and the texture is so soft.

2 comments:

  1. That dress looks lovely! and perfect for summer :D I agree with you... I attended my first wedding this weekend and I started to feel quite old! But I think another 7-10 years for me!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Yes, it's going to be a while for me too. It was just a shock to realise that my school friends are now at the marriage age. Scary!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...